|Deus Ex Machina|
|Name||Deus Ex Machina|
|Type (normal or magic)||Normal|
|Introduced In||Never actuallly seen in practice|
The Deus Ex Machina is a device resembling a bunch of whirling gears and cogs, with a dynamite plunger on top. In theory, it is the most powerful gadget the Society has, being able to do whatever you want it to do when activated. However, there are almost always terrible repercussions.
- Danielle used it in Dragon Ball and ended up creating the incredibly terrible live-action movie known as "Dragon Ball: Evolution".
- Lauren used it in one of the greatest anime of all time and turned it into Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.
- Adrian, in a blunder nobody thought possible, erased the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh! from English dubs.
- Adrian in a harrowing situation involving plot bunnies and a sleeping spell had to use a "random deus ex machina" to stop it, so he did...causing 4Kids to get the rights to dub the Yu-Gi-Oh! movie.
- Tash used it to run away from a mob of angry fangirls and got Disney to air Naruto: Shippuden.
- Chrys used it in a Miyazaki movie fandom. Guess who provided the voices for the main characters in the Ponyo English dub? Guess what happened to the English version theme song?
Its inventor Camille insists that it will work with absolutely no negative repercussions if used by a skilled author under exactly the right circumstances, but this seems only possible in theory and not practice.
|Standard Issue||Communicator • Copyright • Plothole Generator • Prohibitors • Scene Transition|
|Others||Alternative Universe • Anachron • Anthropomorphiser • Anti-Sue Liquid Products • Automatic Tailorisation Machine • Big Lipped Alligator Moment • Booklight • Bookmark • Canon Camera • Canon Cannon • Citation • Crossover • Deus Ex Machina • Disclaimer • Guest Appearance • Nanoskin Suit 4 • Oneshot • Plot Armour • Plot Device • Plot Summary • Reality Check • Running Gag • S.E.P. Field • Spoiler • Writer's Block|